I loved the idea of kits from books, so I volunteered to sew one of the first kits. I needed a pretty twin quilt for my spare bedroom (aka, the fabric overflow room). I LOVE how it turned out!
I decided I wanted this quilt to be able to stand a workout, plenty of washing and drying, so I chose to take a more thorough approach to applique. I turned under the edges of every circle using Perfect Circles and the starch method. Then I machine blanket stitched each circle with Essential thread that coordinates with the inner aqua sashing. Here’s a more closeup shot of the applique: It went together pretty quickly!
Here’s a bit of my sewing progress:
Now it’s time to clean that spare room, paint the walls and make the bed with my pretty new quilt. I’m thinking the walls will be either the aqua or the apricot, but several shades lighter.