I almost finished my Mom’s Christmas present. I just have the binding to go – unfortunately my machine decided to die just before I got the binding on.
I’m also trying decide whether or not I should add some embellishments such as dragonfly or butterfly buttons above the flowers and maybe a ladybug on one of the flower leaves. What do you guys think?
I was dying to do something using our batiks and Karen sent around a link to the Lulu’s Yoyos Pattern which I ended up using for inspiration. You know how you get this idea of what size a project is in your mind, and even when you read what the size is you still don’t believe it because you’ve already decided what size it is? Well that happened with this project. I decided once I saw the picture that it was wall hanging size and that this would look great on my Mom’s bedroom wall. As I started putting it together and it got bigger and bigger I realized once again reality and me had parted ways. I shorted the rows and left off the last 2 to make it just the right size for a large wall hanging. I also managed to turn it into a quilt-as-you-go project.
I’m using the rest of the colorful squares to make a runner for her dresser, it will be 2 rows with the rick rack down the center of each row like vines and Yoyo flowers on them. I’ll post a picture when I finish it. I will also have some of the brown and green squares left which I’m going to use to make a table runner for myself! I used the Summer Batik Stack and the Fall Batik Stack plus some yardage.